Saturday, May 06, 2006

Productivity - Following Up After Events

G'Day

After attending 7 events this week for work and networking I have ended the week with many business cards and much desire to follow up with the amazing people I met. I find the best way to do that is to have a simple system - here are some ideas you may like to try:
1. Gather all the business cards you have collected at the event.
2. Write hand written thank you notes to those you wanted to reconnect with more personally.
3. Send email notes to those you connected with and offer them a sample of your ezine.
4. Add their details to your contact mangement system (a quick productivity tip is to use a business card scanner - they save you so much time!)
5. Add a note in your task list to follow up with the connections and include their name, company and contact information.
6. File the business card

This simple process helps me stay on top of my follow up and my filing.

If you want to be more productive in your follow up, implement a system you can use for every time you collect a business card.

That's all for now!

No comments: