Before we knew it, we blinked and fourth quarter is upon us. Summer’s in the wind, and autumn is in already heading into full swing. Calendars are changing. Next year’s plans are being made. And people are paying attention to what it’s going to take to achieve the end of year goals. Did you do what you wanted to do? Did you achieve your milestones? Or do you still have miles to go?
It’s about that time. Leaders are in full scale acceleration mode to pull out the stops and screech into the new year with kudos all around. I’ve got you covered to help make it AH-Mazing – with a side order of fun.
First, do yourself and your team a favor: Watch this (old) interview with the fabulous News at Sunrise Anchor Eve Tannery where we shared fourth quarter strategies on her show. It’s on the money.
Second, take a few minutes to watch my video on the 10 ways you can make the most of the remainder of the year.
This video will help answer:
- How do I make my fourth quarter the most productive of the year?
- How can I reach my annual goals with only a few months left?
- How do I keep my team focused during fourth quarter?
Lastly, implement these steps to ensure absolute focus and attention is paid to those goals and priorities you wish to accomplish throughout the remainder of the year.
1. Monday Makeover: Give yourself a 15-minute head start on this week’s activities, so your I’s are dotted and T’s are crossed and you’re absolutely ready for anything. Meetings? Totally cool. Performance reviews? You’ve got this. Appointments? Locked and focused. Deadlines and deliverables? You’re a master. Next take a glance at the month ahead and prioritize your pipeline. Might it take more than 15 minutes? Maybe. Once this is a habit? You’ll breeze through with ease.
2. Money talks: Here’s to conquering the Achilles’s heel of many business professionals. Watch those financial targets and keep them in your sites to remind yourself weekly of the last quarter results that are your responsibility. Mine are printed above my desk and on my phone for daily accountability!
3. Gaps & Goals: Now’s the perfect time to rock a gap analysis of where you are vs. where your GOALS said you’d be at this time. Deep dive to see and understand what’s necessary to bridge that gap if your revenue, productivity, prospecting or sales aren’t where you want or need them to be. THAT will become the foundation of your plan of action for the next three months.
4. Hustle & Grit. Ever hear that saying, “No grit—no pearl?” Now’s the time to hunker in and fire up your internal urgency to close deals, follow up on proposals, add value to clients and make hit the phones and connect with that client base. Watch goals daily, weekly and monthly and monitor them like your business depends on it. Because it does.
5. Less is MORE. Meetings are necessary, check! But time? Is of the absolute essence. So pare down. Make sure they are time-efficient team meetings that are NO longer than 20-40 minutes, tops, with agendas and clear objectives.
It’s never too late to focus on this year’s objectives and pay attention to what matters most. Grab the most from this quarter and tap into these power strategies and focus your attention on what really matters to you and your success.
The post Focus on Accomplishing Your Annual Goals this Fourth Quarter appeared first on Neen James.