Thursday, March 24, 2016

What’s your next goal? Mine is a half marathon.

half marathon running goal trainingA simple question, with a complex answer.

 

When asked the question I wasn’t sure about the answer.

 

It’s no secret I am an ‘all-in’ kinda girl. If I love you, I love you with my whole heart, if someone dares me to run a marathon (apparently) I do, and I also have an addictive personality (dangerous combination).

 

Realizing I was in a rut, and didn’t have the next big goal to really look forward to, I turned back to running.

 

Before Spring 2015 I was never a runner, yet in that same year I started running and trained for a marathon in less than 6 months (did I mention I was crazy too).

 

Now I have a new half marathon (just a half, not a full) on the calendar for October it’s time to begin training (carefully and thoughtfully this time instead of last time where my stubbornness and ‘all-in’ is the only thing that got me over the line).

 

As I haven’t run for such a long time and my overweight, over-tired body sure does know it, it will be a long process however having hired my running coach again putting it in writing, I am fully accountable.

marathon running training

 

I like that running doesn’t let me down, clears my head, doesn’t want anything from me…. Just me; the road and my playlist. There is something freeing about the ability to go and run and work out any concerns or frustrations I have.

 

Because of the lifestyle I choose to lead, running is a good goal for me, a half marathon is manageable and I believe where you focus your attention you get results. What’s your next goal? What’s something you are working towards that you could share with someone else to keep you accountable?

The post What’s your next goal? Mine is a half marathon. appeared first on Neen James.

No comments: