The beginning of a new year always provides a fresh perspective and a time for us to reflect on what worked, and what didn’t previously. This tip list provided by Mark Sanborn is perfect to print and hang in an area you frequently see. Let it be the reminder you need to focus on what matters most.
- Revisit why you lead. Get clear on your purpose, not just your strategies and tactics.
- Refocus on the most important things you should be doing. It won’t be a long list.
- Tend to important relationships. Repair for some and renewal for others might be in order.
- Set a few big goals. Aim for the big things that matter. Don’t get distracted by the insignificant.
- Pay attention to the difference between activity and accomplishment. It isn’t about how busy you are; it is about how much you get done.
- Dig deeper. Don’t stop at first or second thoughts. Think harder than others are willing to do.
- Learn something new every day. Go to bed smarter than you woke up.
- Develop your team. If your people aren’t getting better, you’re not leading effectively.
- Work hard and have fun. Don’t make the two exclusive.
- Be grateful and express it frequently to others.